Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Everyone Else is Doing It, So I Will Too


Someone said, or more like, several someones have said, if you want to be a writer, then write.  That’s what writers do.

Hmm.

For pondering, I find feet are better than belly buttons.


I am a six-time NaNoWriMo winner and I love the frenzy of it, but I haven’t gone too far into the editing process because – editing, yuck.  (Although I’m great at editing other people’s stuff.  I guess that’s the faultfinder in me.)  I’ve written pieces on various aspects of Goddess spirituality, the world and the Universe around us, but I haven’t done all that much with it.  I’ve doodled some poetry and haven’t done anything at all with that.  I’m a dreamaholic, in love with dreaming and dream analysis.  There are various things about which I like to rant and rave.  I’ve written some academic essays and research papers that got A’s and good peer reviews in my classes.  I also love to read, and I read a lot, and I’ll be happy to tell you what I think about what I read.  Actually, I’m happy to tell you what I think about pretty much anything.

It’s all writing.  It’s all writing that I enjoy, about things I like learning and thinking about.  I figure a blog of my own is a place to put it all together and let it out into the Big Bad World, kind of like walking your child up to the classroom on the first day of school.  You love it, you want to keep it close to you and safe, but you know that at some point you have to let it see the light of day and go out on its own.


It’s new to the world.  Please be kind to it.

2 comments:

  1. We definitely have a lot in common Deborah.

    I, too, love to write. I enjoy writing about a wide variety of things - sometimes ranting about things I'm passionate about; often sharing things that have made me stop and think. There are so many things to write about it seems - yet seldom enough time in a day to do it. Yet I'm a writer and must - because that's what we writers do. And so like you, I created a blog - a place to put all of my writing thoughts together and give them release. I've been blogging for a little over a year now and it gives me great satisfaction. Whether merely a few eyes read what I've written, or many, I write. I get my thoughts down in written word and get them out there - and just the process alone makes me happy. I'm writing.

    So I absolutely get all that you've said in this post, Deborah and I love it! Welcome to blogging ... and I can't wait to read more of your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yes, even if only a few people see it, that's not what matters to me. It matters that I write it. I've been enjoying yours too! :-)

    ReplyDelete