Saturday, January 17, 2015

Drowning in a Sea of Books

Dear dedicated readership of maybe 10 people:

Please know that I may be a bit scarce. This quarter at school is trying to kill me with reading. Trying.

I'm not complaining. I love being back in school, and I love to read, and I love to learn, so doing all three simultaneously is my definition of a good time. Well, one of them. All of my classes this quarter require a lot of reading, and learning to read, write, and speak another language is particularly time-consuming. I am grade-motivated and protective of my GPA, notwithstanding the fact that Sadistics...er, Statistics...tried to tank it.

Photo by austinevan on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons license.
In fact, my only real complaint is that I was unable to finish I, Claudius. I tried, but Graves' fiction is quite academic, a bit ponderous and lacking in dialogue compared to bestseller fluff. After two weeks I hadn't even made it to Caligula's assassination, and the machinations of Imperial Rome were interfering with my absorption of the finer points of the Greco-Persian Wars. Perhaps I'll give it another shot during the summer break.

Still, I may surprise you. An idea may take hold of me and not let me sleep, or I may be unable to sleep and end up scribbling something out. It's happened before.

Back to Attic tragedy...

No comments:

Post a Comment