Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cash by Johnny Cash (Book Review)

CashCash by Johnny Cash
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have fond memories of my dad and the hi-fi stereo we had in the 60's, lying side by side on the floor with our heads underneath it for maximum volume and singing along at the top of our lungs to "Ring of Fire" and "Cry, Cry, Cry" and "Walk the Line." I don't know if my fandom for Johnny Cash has more to do with Cash himself or with happy childhood memories in general, but I remain a fan.

"I knew it was wrong and self-destructive...but I've never been one to let such considerations stand in the way of my road to ruin." Can't we all say that?

This is not what I would call an autobiography because it's not really linear; it's more like sitting around the table and just talking, one subject brings up another which brings up another. Still, it's very readable and the voice is honest and engaging. Love the Man in Black.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment