Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll (Book Review)

Luckiest Girl AliveLuckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I almost DNF’ed at 15% and I’m still not sure why I went ahead and finished it. TifAni FaNelli (and the name fits, talk about pretentious) is a superficial, calculating, self-centered, acquisitive bitch who doesn't even pretend to be anything else. She even has a designer eating disorder. I don't necessarily have to adore a book's protagonist, but there has to be something I can identify with. The story itself was well-written, although I think the multiple traumas were a bit too much for one book. It was a lot to subject poor Ani to, although I didn’t really care. I’ve never found a protagonist so obnoxious and unlikable.

I am not reading any more books touted as “the next Gone Girl” or “in the style of Gillian Flynn.” Tricksy, tricksy. Amy Dunne had redeeming qualities.  I wouldn't spend 30 minutes with Ani if she bought the drinks.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment