Friday, October 23, 2015

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (Book Review)

The Ocean at the End of the LaneThe Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“How old are you, really?” I asked.
“Eleven.”
I thought for a bit. Then I asked, “How long have you been eleven for?”
She smiled at me.


This book is the next A Wrinkle in Time for me, and that’s a massive compliment, given that AWIT is one of my all-time favorite books forever and ever.

If you love magic and monsters and shadowy things and quantum physics and sacrifice and creation, and all the nameless fear and faith and innocence of childhood, read this book.

“Your pond. It’s not an ocean. It can’t be. Oceans are bigger than seas. Your pond is just a pond.”

“It’s as big as it needs to be.”



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment